Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Starting Spreadsheets

We started working on spreadsheets today, and right away I feel like it is going to be a long and tedious process. I have worked with spreadsheets a little bit before, but by no means do I consider myself an expert. We started out by doing a practice exercise and then I moved on to the assignment that is due in a few days. The practice exercise was extremely useful in learning how the assignment was going to work as far as entering the formulas for adding up total points and giving the right or wrong answer. It was also helpful in helping me re familiarize myself with something that I have not used in a while. However, when it came time to add directions, the questions of the quiz, eliminating the white space, and other formatting things such as color and pictures, the exercise did not help. I felt like I was on my own in figuring out a few of the things, but I still have a few more class periods to look for an answer or ask for help.

No comments: